I had a bunch of bananas in my fruit bowl that were getting a little brown. Normally, I throw them into banana bread when they do that. But, with the craziness of school starting and time just slipping away, and the hot days that make it hard to turn on the oven, they kept getting more and more brown. Everyday, I thought, "tomorrow, tomorrow I'll make banana bread". My family loves banana bread, and I know they'd be thrilled to see it.
Finally, yesterday, I grabbed them, popped them out of the peel and into freezer bags. I can still make banana bread, but I don't have to do it right this minute.
There is a time and season for everything, including banana bread. On a cool day this fall, I'll pull them out and make banana bread for afternoon snack.
Where are the bananas in your life? Is there a visual reminder of something you aren't getting done that is making you feel guilty? Do yourself a favor and do something about it. Get it out of your visual, either by just doing it or filing it away for another day.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment