Saturday, September 12, 2009

Welcome!

Sometimes, I have a thought come to me, and it's a thought I'd like to share. But, where? A blog. It's perfect. It's a place where you can come, and listen to me, or you can not come, and you don't have to be bothered with me.

I am a mom, an LDS mom. But, I'm not a molly. When I think of the creation, I don't imagine that Heavenly Father created us in an assembly line. He created us, think of that- You are a hand-made product of our Heavenly Father. He wanted you to be just how you are, but then asked you to make improvements on you. What a great plan! I get to be just how God wants me to be, and just how I want me to be.

"Molly Mormon" is a term used to refer to the stereotypical LDS women. But, if you ask any given LDS women what defines a Molly Mormon, you'll get a different answer. Some day it's a women who has a perfectly clean home, with perfectly clean children, who scrapbooks every moment of their life, and keeps a calling running just perfectly. Well, that's not me. Some say it's a good-two-shoes, LDS-style. Okay, that may be more of who I am. Really, it's that soccer-mom stereotype, with an LDS-twist on it.

I'm not Molly, though, and neither are you, even if you do have the perfectly clean home, with perfectly clean children, and perfect scrapbooks, even if you bake all of your own bread, and have a rotating food storage, even if your RS lessons always have a tablecloth. I know you aren't that stereotypical LDS women, because God didn't create that person- man did. We are the ones who have given ourselves this idea that we have to be a certain person to be the person God wants us to be. We forget that God made us to be us, not someone else.

Hence, the title of this blog- The Lord's way, my way. I am here, on this earth, trying to live the life that He wants me to live. I am not here to live the life that you are supposed to live. But, along the way, I have some thoughts to share on being an LDS women. We live in a unique day and age, yet we are connected through the ages to other women.

So, come into my world, hear what I have to say, speak up yourself (I'll gladly accept guess-postings, and comments are always welcome). Some postings will be my reflections on gospel principles; some will be tips and tricks for living; some will be whatever happens to hit my radar that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment