...that psychologists now agree that the brain structure can actually change through behavior? And, not only that, but this process happens throughout our entire lives?
Interesting, right? That means that we aren't just a product of our genetics and upbringing. That we can, through behavior, cause physical changes to our brain. We can actually alter our habits, personalities, natures, talents, etc. And, we can continue to do this throughout our entire lives.
Do you know what that means? You are wrong if you say a bad habit or weakness is just how you are. You can't blame everything on your parents. You actually have control over your brain structure; not the other way around.
As a parent, it gives me hope, because, even though I do my best, I am not perfect. It is nice to know that my kids have the power to correct the mistakes I make with them.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment